Waking up in the morning can be hard to do. But it gets easier if you have a yummy breakfast to look forward to. Eating breakfast is often taken for granted. It could be because of the lack of time, ideas or a mix of the two. Breakfast meals don’t have to be sugary, boring or hard to make. In fact, you can even prepare a lot of quick and easy meals yourself.
Skipping breakfast is a big no-no, as starting your day with a meal poses a lot of benefits especially to college students. It gives you energy to stay focused and brightens up your mood to get you through the day. Here is a list of healthy recipes you can whip up to get enough energy for the day:
Take advantage of the avocado season and make yourself some avo toast!
- Drizzle olive oil on a pan and set to medium heat.
- Place slices on bread until golden brown or to a crisp – whichever you prefer.
- Take an avocado, remove the pit, peel off the skin and cut thin slices.
- Remove bread off the ban, place slices of avocado on top, add some lemon juice, sprinkle a dash of pepper and top off with some egg.
Peanut butter banana toast
Want something sweet but nutritious for breakfast? Prepare this classic toast!
- Toast some bread slices in an oven toaster or pan.
- Slice some bananas.
- Spread a tablespoon of peanut butter on one slice, top with banana slices and place the other slice on top.
- You may also add some almonds or jelly too to add a little pizzazz!
Get all the nutrients you need from a bowl or a glass!
- Get a bowl or tall glass. Add some cold yogurt of any flavor of choice.
- Add a spoon of peanut butter, a handful of fresh berries and top with granola for some energy and vitamins!
Nothing beats a nice fluffy omelette in the morning.
- Crack two eggs, and place them in a bowl.
- Whisk them until you reach a creamy consistency.
- Add vegetables, add a pinch of salt for taste and fry on a non-stick frying pan.
Simple and nutritious – that’s what banana pancakes are!
- Mash around four bananas in a bowl.
- Add vanilla extract and a cup of milk. Add two eggs. Mix until smooth.
- Preheat a pan, fry the batter and form pancakes stacks. No flour needed!
Pandesal, kesong puti and coffee
If there’s a nearby bakery, go out and buy some pandesal! Get some kesong puti and brew a good cup of coffee. Enjoy a good old simple breakfast before going to school!
See, preparing meals in the morning doesn’t have to be difficult and time-consuming! Literally spice up your mornings by cooking breakfast. For more tips on making your student life bearable and more fun, check out College Life on Edukasyon.ph!