Ever dream about becoming the next Margarita Fores or Gordon Ramsey of the Philippines? Or maybe you just have such a deep connection with all things food-related that you’re considering a career in the kitchen. Believe it or not, your goals are actually within reach because of these colleges and universities that are ready to develop your skills in the culinary arts:
- Lyceum of the Philippines University – The LPU Culinary Institute is known to be the biggest and most advanced culinary school in Metro Manila, with a 1:15 Chef Instructor-Student ratio and the latest facilities a culinary school can offer. Theirs is a curriculum which guarantees both theoretical knowledge and practical skills development, and their graduates are known to have experienced immediate employment in spite of an increasingly competitive job market. The LPU CI also benefits from both local and international affiliates such as The Dusit Thani College, The Bayleaf, National Restaurant Association and World Association of Chef Societies, among others.
- Enderun Colleges (Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management) – Enderun Colleges has gained prominence as a culinary school that is constantly at par with global standards. It is a partner to Les Roches International School of Hotel Management in Switzerland, which is hailed as one of the top hotel schools in the world, and with the prestigious Ducasse Education in France. One of the internships that the program’s sophomore students are required to take offers broad exposure to the workings of international-category hotels, resorts, and caterers.
- San Sebastian College Recoletos (Bachelor of Science Hospitality Management Culinary) – The BSHM offers two kinds of specialization, namely: Hotel, Restaurant and Resort Management (HRRM) and the Culinary Arts (CA). With several international linkages, their students have the opportunity to have their practicum in countries such as: Australia, New Zealand, and the USA. San Sebastian College Recoletos even had its own restaurant established (called “Captain’s Galley”) for BSHM students. All full-time faculty members are Master’s and Doctoral degree holders.
- Treston International College (Bachelor of Science in Culinary Management) – Treston, which is located in Bonifacio Global City just across Market Market, offers both an undergraduate and Masters program in Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management as well as Bachelor of Science in Culinary Management. Their students have the opportunity to participate in pastry programs in Malaysia and India through the Academy of Pastry and Baking Arts, and even have their internships in both local and international placements. One of their academic linkages is the American Culinary Federation, which provides the students with internationally-acknowledged certificates.
- Pasig Catholic College (Diploma in Professional Cookery, Level 3) – the PCC Apicius Culinary Arts and Hotel Management Inc. is the only culinary school in the Philippines that offers CTH Level 3 – Diploma in Professional Cookery. Students who take up this course receive an internationally-recognized diploma appropriate to the needs of hotel and travel industries. CTH offers Professional Skills qualifications endorsed by a variety of leading industry employers including Gordon Ramsay (See? We weren’t kidding!), Virgin Atlantic and Star Alliance.
- The International School for Culinary Arts and Hotel Management – ISCAHM has three campuses located in Quezon City, Cebu City and Pampanga. Their Quezon City campus is located across Ateneo de Manila University, and is known to produce hundreds of graduates each year who immediately start their international career upon completion of their academic requirements. Apart from their diploma courses, their campuses also offer numerous short and intermediate courses, as well as courses for Senior High students. Their business partners include: Marine Catering, NexC.com, and Placement International.
Want to see more colleges and universities offering similar programs? Search for thousands of schools and courses and apply now through Edukasyon.ph!