Are you ready to join PUP’s league of isko and iska? Then you must prepare for the PUPCET first!
The Polytechnic University of the Philippines College Entrance Test (PUPCET) is administered yearly by PUP for aspiring senior high school graduates. It usually runs from August to October. All PUPCET applicants need to apply online using the university’s iApply website.
An important reminder: You need to take serious review and preparation for PUPCET because each applicant is only allowed to apply and take the exam on one campus, and only once in an academic year. Here’s a comprehensive guide on taking the PUPCET:
For you to be qualified for the PUPCET, you must be any of the following:
- A Grade 12 student who is expected to graduate at the end of the academic year
- A graduate from K-12 pilot schools who have not enrolled in any technical, diploma, or bachelor’s degree program immediately after graduation with GWA of 82% or higher.
- A passer of the Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT). Must be eligible for admission to college with an average rating of 82% or higher in its 5 subject areas: Mathematics, Communication Arts (English), Science, Communication Arts (Filipino), and Araling Panlipunan.
- A passer of the Alternative Learning System Accreditation & Equivalency (ALS) Test for Secondary Level. Must be eligible for admission to college: with Percentile Correct (PC) 82% or higher and has 100 or higher Standard Score (SS) with Essay Writing of 82% or higher following DepEd regulations.
- Graduated from high school in 2016 or earlier years but did not enter any technical, diploma, or bachelor’s degree program in any school.
Before you apply, you need to accomplish these list of requirements. Make sure to have your 2×2 inches colored photo with name tag, saved as JPEG format (.jpg or .jpeg). The file size should not be more than 300 kilobytes.
- Original or certified true copy of senior high school card (F138) with school dry seal
- Notarized certification of non-enrollment for senior high school graduates who have not enrolled in any technical/diploma/degree program immediately after senior high school graduation
- Certificate of Completion for Senior High School
- Original PSA Birth Certificate
- Certification of Good Moral issued by the senior high school principal or guidance counselor with school dry seal
- Duly authenticated copy of the PEPT/ALS A&E Test Certificate of Rating, certified by the DepEd-NETRC-BALS
- School ID (for currently enrolled students) or any valid ID with picture (for previous senior high school graduates)
To apply online, go to PUP iApply for PUPCET. Read the service agreement and click the “I have read” button to start your application. Fill out the application form and click next. Make sure that you read and answer the information required correctly.
- The name and date of birth must be the same as indicated in your NSO birth certificate copy.
- The email address that you will provide should be active and correct.
Once you accomplish the form, read the service agreement and confirm by checking the Yes, “I have read and understood” box. Then type your complete name in the Digital Signature, and type the characters in the Digital Security Code. Click “Make Changes” if you need to make necessary changes or Next to finally submit your information. After you submit your registration, allow five (5) working days before claiming your ePermit. Don’t forget to write down your Reference Number.
To claim your ePermit, go to PUP iApply and click claim ePermit. Type the information required and submit. After clicking Submit, you will see either of the following messages from the system:
- Application Successful – If you see this message, click Download ePermit.
- Click Save or Open when your browser asks you. This will download your ePermit. Print your ePermit in color.
PUPCET is composed of 150-200 items. Like any other university entrance exam, there will be a limited time allotment for each subject so make sure to manage your time wisely. The coverage of the exam includes:
- Mathematics – Algebra, quantitative reasoning, and basic Mathematics
- English – Spelling, Verbal Reasoning, Reading comprehension, and grammar.
- Science – Biology, Physics, Chemistry
- Abstract Reasoning
- General Information
The list of successful PUPCET examinees is posted on the university’s website from March to April. Each PUP campus allots specific date to show the list of passers. Confirmation of slots and application schedule is done through the university’s website. Failure to confirm your slot may result in the cancellation of your admission to the university so make sure to visit the website regularly. It would also be helpful to follow its social media pages to keep on the loop.