After studying BS chemical engineering, the next step is to apply for a license as a chemical engineer! If you’re taking the chemical engineer licensure exam soon, here’s a roundup of guidelines and reminders that you should know:
What is the Chemical Engineering Board Exam in the Philippines?
The chemical engineering board exam is an annual board exam conducted by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC). This licensure exam qualifies aspiring chemical engineers who can later on go into manufacturing, health care, biotechnology, business services, and many other industries.
What’s the coverage of the Chemical Engineering Board Exam?
The licensure examination covers the following subjects: Physical and Chemical Principles (30%), General Engineering (30%), and Chemical Engineering (40%).
What’s the passing rate for the Chemical Engineering Board Exam?
To pass the chemical engineering board exam, you need to have a general average of at least 70% and a rating of at least 50% in each subject.
What are the application requirements for the board exam?
You are qualified to take the board exam if you meet the following requirements:
- Citizen of the Philippines
- Have good moral character
- Graduate of BS Chemical Engineering
- Has not been convicted of any criminal offense
You also need to submit the following documents to the PRC:
- NSO/PSA birth certificate
- NSO/PSA marriage contract (for married female applicants)
- Transcript of Records with scanned picture and Remarks “For Board Examination Purposes”
- Valid NBI clearance
- Payment fee: Php 900.00
When is the Chemical Engineering Board Exam in the Philippines?
The licensure exam is held twice a year during November and May. You can also check the schedule in the PRC website!
|Dates of Exam||Place||Opening of Online Processing||Deadline of Filing|
|May 2019||22, 23 & 24||Manila and Cebu||January 22, 2019||April 22, 2019|
|November 2019||23, 24 & 25||Manila and Cebu||July 24, 2019||October 24, 2019|
How can I apply for the Chemical Engineering Board Exam?
You’re just one click away! You can start your online application at the PRC Licensure Examination and Registration Information System (LERIS). If you haven’t accessed the website before, you can check out the PRC’s step-by-step guide online.
After securing an appointment date, you can submit your documentary requirements and Notice of Admission to the Application Division, 3rd floor, PRC Annex Building, or to a Robinsons Mall (Manila or Galleria)
If you’re from the province, you can submit your requirements to the nearest PRC Regional Office.
What are the important reminders for the Chemical Engineering Board Exam?
Before exam day
- Check your building and room assignment at the PRC official website. The details are usually posted two to three days before the exam.
- Male examinees are required to wear a white polo shirt with collar and pants or slacks. Meanwhile, female examinees are required to wear a white blouse, or shirt with collar, and pants, a skirt, or slacks.
During exam day
- Be punctual! You don’t want to miss the general instructions given before the exam.
- You’re only allowed to use the Chemical Engineering Handbook by Perry, et al. (2007 and 2008 editions) as reference.
Note: The handbook must be in its original printed form, not photocopied. It should not contain any handwritten formulas, sample problems, or any writings. Bookmarks, underlines and highlights on the handbook are allowed.
- Other reference books, review materials, and other printed materials are not allowed.
- Programmable calculators, cellphones, smart watches, portable computers or any other gadgets are strictly not allowed inside the examination room.
Plus, don’t forget to bring the following documents and materials!
- Notice of Admission (issued by the PRC)
- One mailing envelope
- Two No. 2 pencils
- Black ballpen (gel pens are not allowed)
- One long brown envelope
- One long transparent plastic envelope
- Black marker
- One 2×2 picture (in white background with your name printed on the picture). Write your house address and name of school at the back of your picture.
Where can I check the Chemical Engineering Board Exam results?
The results of the Chemical Engineering Board Exam is usually released two days after the exam. You can check the results at the PRC official website!
We’re rooting for you, future Chemical Engineers!