Congrats on #gradwaiting! Hats off to you for finishing four (or more, that’s okay) years of college! At this point, though, you’re probably wondering, what do I do once I’m out in the real world? How ready am I to apply what I’ve learned? Can I even use calculus IRL?
First thing’s first, don’t get too lost in your thoughts. Because we’ve got a bunch of reflection points to guide you through! Grab a notebook or journal to jot down your thoughts. If that isn’t your thing, maybe just answer the questions in your head?
Reflect for a bit on where you’re headed. Don’t be scared of the crossroads. You’re on the way to even more wonderful places ahead!
Reflecting on Awesome Experiences
- What am I grateful for about my whole college experience?
- When did I feel most victorious or successful?
- Which subject/s could I study forever? Why?
- Which subject/s am I grateful that I’ll never have to study again?
- When did I experience procrastination, failure, or the fear of not being enough? How did I get through it?
- Any embarrassing moments that are funny now that you look back on them?
Cherishing Your Relationships
- Which professor/s brought out the best in me? How/why?
- How have I been a loving and supportive person to others these past few years?
- Who do I want to keep in touch with after graduation?
- Who do I need to keep at a distance after graduation?
- Why am I still not over that one crush?!
- What’s the best advice someone ever gave me? Who was it from?
Working on Your Best Self
- If there’s one thing I learned from pulling all those all-nighters, it’s that I should not ____
- What can I do now that I couldn’t when I started college?
- When did I take initiative? Are there projects or activities that I can take credit for?
- What are my greatest strengths or strongest skills?
- Are there new habits I formed during my college life?
- Have I discovered a hidden talent or skill? Why did it surprise me so much?
Mapping Out Your Future
- Are there things I still want to learn even after I get my diploma?
- What is the typical career path of a graduate from my course? How do I feel about it? Do I want to do something different?
- Who did I want to be when I was 5 years old? 12? 16? Can I get closer to those people now?
- What kinds of activities make me feel the most fulfilled? How aligned are they with my course?
- Where can I add the most value in society, or my sphere of influence? Does it have to relate to what I’ve studied in college?
- I still wish college taught us how to ____ before sending us out into the real world.
Seriously, though, send us your responses for the last one and we may get back to you with a special blog post! Liked this questionnaire? Share this story with your friends. Answer it in lulling moments during your commencement exercises. Just kidding, don’t do that!