The Western Mindanao State University (WMSU) is the only state university in Zamboanga City. The university offers a wide range of courses throughout its 16 colleges and institutes. The school is also designated as a Center of Development (COD) by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), for its Teacher Education and Forestry programs.
Students who are planning to study at Western Mindanao State University must take and pass the WMSU College Entrance Test. Here are some of the important things you need to know about this exam.
What are the application requirements for the Western Mindanao State University College Entrance Test?
Here are the requirements that you need to prepare in applying for the WMSUCET:
For high school graduates:
- Original and photocopy of high school report card (Form 138)
- Letter of endorsement from the WMSU Dean of Admission
- Transcript of Records
For all applicants:
- Two identical copies of 2×2 photo with name tag
- Duly accomplished WMSUCET application form
- Non-refundable test fee of PHP 200
When is the WMSUCET?
The registration period for WMSUCET usually starts on the second week of March and ends on the first week of April, while the test date happens a few days after the registration period deadline. The testing venue is at the WMSU Main Campus located at Normal Road, Baliwasan, Zamboanga City..
Where can I view the results of the WMSUCET?
What are the requirements for the WMSU admission?
To qualify for the WMSUCET, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited 4-year high school recognized by the DepEd
- Passer of the College Entrance Test (CET) and Aptitude Test for courses like Engineering, Nursing, Criminology and Education
In addition, you need to bring the following documents on the day of your application:
- High school card (or equivalent certification) to the Office of the Dean of Admissions
- Certificate of good moral character from the Principal or Guidance Counsellor of the last school attended
After passing the WMSUCET, how can I apply to the university?
Step 1: Pay the necessary fee for the Physical Medical Examination (PME) at the WMSU
Cashier’s Office located at the Ground Floor of the WMSU Administration Building.
Step 2: Proceed to the University Health Center, WMSU Main Campus and inquire about requirements for Physical/Medical Examination and have your PME. Secure your PME certification.
Step 3: After securing your PME, go to the college of your choice for an interview (if needed). The interview aims to assess if you are fit for the course that you want to take. If you get disqualified in the first course you chose, you may proceed to the next college of your choice; Provided, however, you meet all requirements.
Step 4: Go to the college where you qualify and enroll.
Are you ready to take the Western Mindanao State University College Entrance Test? Let us help you prepare for your dream career. Read more tips and guides like this on our College Life blog section now!